Can you build a business based on 3D printing? Yes you can!
To start your 3D printing business, there are two important things to keep in mind: find funding and keep your costs low. Make sure that you come up with a product that sells because it is innovative. Keep in mind that it’s not enough to sell a product only because it is 3D printed, it also needs to give clients added value that traditional manufacturing can not provide. Business success doesn’t come with a road map but it can be navigated by studying those who have been successful in this industry, learn from successful 3D printing start-ups; learn how to turn a 3D printing business idea into reality. You can submit innovative ideas for the development of new web business in this field, and make sure to search for similar projects in your region.
Here are some ideas for you.
- You can open a 3D printed studio. Clients are 3D scanned to catch their individual and stand-out look, and then printed into fun figurines.
- You can print Fetus Figurines.
- Offer to go in and teach classes, for a fee, on how to setup and use your own 3D printer.
- Offer a 3D printing service – repair, maintenance, troubleshooting or assembly; 3D modeling and design service.
- You can offer local engineering firm help with 3D printing prototypes.
- Offer bespoke quotes for architects to show projects in physical 3D form and print out all the props custom.
- Using free, open source map data and 3D printing them with streets and landmarks.
- Creative products like a jewelry & ornaments, décor pieces, robotics kits, your own designer range of vases, 3D print customized video game characters, promotional goods for advertising campaigns.
- Create and 3D printed 100% personalized gifts.
- Sell 3D printers, accessories or supplies.
- Print for iMakr.com and MyMiniFacctory.com. As a 3D Printer owner you can 3D Print models for them. They will sent you STL files to be printed by you.
There are many benefits, and little downsides to starting a business this way. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3D PRINTER – YOU’RE ALREADY HALF WAY THERE.